First, Reading between the WINES is what I affectionately call the book club that Aubrie and I started in January. Why start a book club? Well, I am now an old married woman (haha, J/K) who happens to LOVE reading, but I haven't had anyone to talk about the books with. Thankfully neither had Aubrie (BTW, she's a/b to be an old married woman too: wink wink) so we put our heads together and came up with the idea of a book club. I know I know, the book club isn't an original idea, but we decided to get together a group of our friends who all love reading and have monthly meetings to discuss the book. We've currently read the following books:
This is the first book we read. It was good - a little less suspenseful than I would have liked, but overall it was a quick and entertaining read.

This was our second book and I can sadly say that this is the first book I never finished. I just couldn't get through it. I am not sure what it was, but it just didn't keep my interest. Part of it I felt like I couldn't relate to it as I am only newly married, have no kids and my husband isn't married to his job. BUT, never the less it just didn't keep my interest. I think I will try and pick it up again in a couple of years when I have a baby or two and can relate better.

This is the current book we are reading. I am about 12 pages in and I like it so far. The author does a little too much description for my taste (I like to have to use my imagination) but it does paint the picture for you. I will keep you updated on my final verdict once I am finished.
So, now on to South Beach Diet - that is...

Ever since I got married I've gained a little bit of weight. Yeah, girls I am telling the truth - once you hit 25 and/or you get married your metabolism changes and you gain a few pounds here and there. I am a self proclaimed CARBOHOLIC and CHOCOHALIC which really didn't help my situation. Because of all the trips Daniel and I are taking this year that require a bathing suit we both felt that we needed to not only change the way we eat but we needed to lose some LBS'. Now, not all diets are for everyone, but this is the diet for me - since starting it on Monday, April 12 I have lost 6 lbs - yes, you read that correctly - 6 lbs. Yes, it is difficult...you basically cut out all sugar, fruit, candy (unless its sugar-free), pasta, bread (you get the picture)- for the first two weeks. Then you start gradually adding back in your carbs and fruit. But once you get past the first couple of days you feel great and look great too!!!
For those of you who are interested, skeptical, just wanting to know - got to www.southbeachdiet.com to learn more.
Needless to say, this has been a total lifestyle change for me. It's helped me get over my constant cravings for sugar and carbs and learn that the over processed foods (i.e. white bread, cookies, cake, snickers bars) are not good for me. When this is all said and done you can still eat that piece of chocolate cake or have a couple glasses of wine, but you just know not to do it as frequently. It's all about being knowledgeable about what you are eating and showing some discipline when eating those "not so good" for you foods.
Well, enough rating/raving for today!
LOVE, SML
No comments:
Post a Comment