Monday, September 27, 2010

The leaves are turning...

I cannot believe it's fall again in Nashville... this is my favorite time of the year here not only because it is starting to cool off but also because the leaves are starting to turn colors.  It is always at this time of year I think about two things 1. how quickly another year has gone by & 2. reflecting on how much has changed.  

I am always the person who loves to live.  I always have a count down to something - a vacation, a holiday - you name it, I probably have a countdown.  I don't do this because I can't stand the present but because I am so excited about the future.  It's how I've always been but as I experience these small milestones I find that I am wishing I had more time to soak them up and taken them in. Everything goes by so quickly... it's like a blink - I am always afraid to miss something fun. This leads me to the other thing I always do in the fall - reflect.


I think I like to reflect during the fall because it's the last little amount of "down time" I have before the holidays.  With that said, this year my mom and sister are coming to visit and while I was cleaning and organizing I found a journal I kept from July 2006 to March 2008.  Now I am not that great at keeping a journal (my blog is proof of this fact). Needless to say I think I only wrote a total of 20 pages or so over the two years.  The funny thing is that this journal documented my moving permanently to Nashville and meeting this amazing guy who is now my husband.  I decided to read it and, at the very least, laugh and how silly I was.  Instead what I found was a very clear picture of how blessed I am.  I think we all forget the crazy feeling of falling in love and the surge of independence as we make that transition from student to adult. I found that I never wrote down the hard times but made sure to write down the positive life changing moments -like the moment I knew I would marry Daniel and when I got my first job. When I was done reading I realized that this was why people have journals - they are not only to document a year or in my case years, but also to have a place where you can go back and relive those amazing (and sometimes not so amazing) moments.


So, reflecting on 2010 so far has really put a smile on my face.  I go to have a snow day or two :) I was able to celebrate my 1 year anniversary with my amazing husband in New Orleans.  I was able to spend my birthday with my husband's family and my brother at the Camp.  I was able to travel to the BVI's with my family whom I hadn't seen since Christmas 2009.  I got to spend Labor Day weekend with two of my best friends at the most magical place on earth.  What more could a girl ask for???

Yet, there are still so many things coming up but it's amazing to see what a wonderful year it's all ready been and I have so much to look forward to:  my mom and sister coming to visit this week, traveling a little for work, making my first thanksgiving dinner ever (!), seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra and Michael Buble in concert in December and last but not least spending Christmas with my in-laws in Key West!  All I know is that I am so thankful to have had all these amazing experiences and I cannot wait to experience more. 


Love,
SML

 

No comments:

Post a Comment